Random Update  

Posted by -NAZ-

Hey there!!!

This post is just a random post that I would like to share with you guys
on some of the things that I have done lately, what I'm currently doing and also
what I plan to do in the future.
  • As you all know I'm currently fasting and just recently my family and I went out to eat during the breaking of fast. This is so unusual because we have never went out to break fast before as far as I remember. We would usually buy some food at the Bazaar Ramadhan and eat at home. But we decided to break from the norm and eat at the House of Pakeeza which catered for indian foods. Throughout the fasting month there will be a buffet style eating during the break fast time. So it was quite delightful and totally satisfying. :)

  • I've been going out with my friends lately for a few times. Mostly to watch movies as always. Anyway last week we went out to Tropicana City Mall which is still new right after our lectures. There's nothing much there to begin with as its not that big. So we decided to watch District 9 at that time. I've been wanting to watch that movie like for ages already and finally had the chance to do so last week. Although the approach that was used to make the movie is a bit different than the usual and also the fact that its quite vulgar and damn brutal, but it lived up to my expectations as the story line was really great. It also made me think at how inhumane and cruel human beings like all of us can be.

  • Now on to the serious stuff. This whole month I need to complete my personal statement as in October there will be checking sessions with MABECS. So I went through the internet to read some of the samples that people wrote. There was this one which was really good and the person got into Oxford by using his personal statement. He wrote that he read a lot of reading materials relating to his course. So that is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish now! haha!! Bought two books and a whole bunch of New Scientist magazines to read.

  • Apart from that, I need to find some kind of exposure towards my course. So I wrote a letter to the Microbiology Laboratory at Universiti Malaya to apply for a study tour. This study tour would really benefit me as I can gain experience on something related to my course. I can also see the action going on in the lab first hand and I would definitely be able to write about what I learnt during the study tour in my ps.

This entry was posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments